Sunday, May 23, 2010

Bike Accident

On Monday I was riding my bike to the secondary site and as we were reaching the entrance gate I saw a large rock ahead of me. I started to slow down and began to turn away but it was too late. My friend tells me that I did a flip over the handle bars! When I had landed and everyone was at this time surrounding me I realized that my knee was bleeding like crazy and that I had swollowed a mouthful of dirt. I stumbled my way to our friends house which was where we wanted to be. I washed my face off that was covered in dirt and tried to take the dirt off my knee. As I was trying to get some water on the face cloth that I was using I put pressure on my left hand. It really hurt! I tried again and it really hurt this time. I decided to go and see Auntie C. who was the closest adult around. She said that it was probably not broken but it might be sprained and that we should go to the clinic. Then my mom came and went home. Auntie K. who was a nurse came to check on it. Yesterday we went to the clinic and Uncle R. the doctor said that it was a sprain and would take a couple days to heal.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Catriona,
    that sounded like it really hurt. i hope you heal soon.


    Ashleigh Mckinnon

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you didn't break anything. Hope you feel better soon.
    Love, Auntie Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. ouch that must of hurt

    from your twin Amanda

    ReplyDelete