Friday, July 6, 2012
Fourth of July
Fourth of July a very big thing here because of all the Americans at New Hope. The flags are put up on peoples houses, they all wear their red, white, and blue, and there is always a big party in the evening. We were invited to the party and decided to go along and I even wore some blue and white. Since there was Staff Fellowship in the afternoon the kids gathered for a tough match of dodge ball. I decided not to play since it would be the perfect place to get a concussion once again. So I watched and played with the younger kids and Julia (she is 12 and has Down Syndrome). We blew bubbles, watched the game and then went inside and played Break the Ice and some version of Blockus that they made up. Uncle Josh (everyone is called uncle or aunt here) called everyone to see if they wanted to guess in a jellybean contest. I entered on the 3rd and 4th largest one but first I helped the younger kids fill out there guesses. It was then time to the 14+ game of dodge ball which was the East coast vs. the West coast. Most were on the West but there was a good size of people from the East. They battled on for a while and then the kids took over again. That is when my friend Kara and I got out our camera's out trying to get some good pictures. Soon it was time to eat and so we got our food and soda (I got this one called Miranda Fruity and it is amazing!).After dinner was done we went outside to play in the dak but as we were walking we saw that the moon was orange! It was neatw. After we had taken a few more shots on our camera's we decided to play a game close to Mission Impossible except that you have to try to sneak away, not get close. I had gotten a really good break I was running away and was really close to the bush when I ran into the wire that was holding the clothes line up! Now my lip is all swollen and my gum is cut around my tooth. The night was almost over. We had a round of star tipping and roasted some marshmallows and then went home.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment