As many of you know last weekend I went to Musana Camps with Heart of Worship. It was an amazing time which I thoroughly enjoyed. The few short days were full of activities and games and things to do. It was a time where we had team building activities and talks on what worship is and just spending time praying and reading the Bible individually. Some of the highlights were waking up early and sitting outside waiting for the sunrise, playing games like capture the flag and Wack'em. I also really enjoyed spending time in the tent with girls in our family group that are in Heart of Worship. We also went for a hike up to a waterfall. Through the hike you could rarely ever see the sky the bush was so thick with big trees shading the way. When we got there you could go up a very steep part which I did to the very top of the waterfall so that you could see over the edge which was very neat. Then I went down and stood underneath the waterfall. On the last night we got a real treat and had s'mores! Some of the Ugandans I don't think have ever tasted them before and they were all getting me to roast their marshmallows and telling each other, oh these are so sweet!
Tuesday, September 4, 2012
Heart of Worship Retreat
As many of you know last weekend I went to Musana Camps with Heart of Worship. It was an amazing time which I thoroughly enjoyed. The few short days were full of activities and games and things to do. It was a time where we had team building activities and talks on what worship is and just spending time praying and reading the Bible individually. Some of the highlights were waking up early and sitting outside waiting for the sunrise, playing games like capture the flag and Wack'em. I also really enjoyed spending time in the tent with girls in our family group that are in Heart of Worship. We also went for a hike up to a waterfall. Through the hike you could rarely ever see the sky the bush was so thick with big trees shading the way. When we got there you could go up a very steep part which I did to the very top of the waterfall so that you could see over the edge which was very neat. Then I went down and stood underneath the waterfall. On the last night we got a real treat and had s'mores! Some of the Ugandans I don't think have ever tasted them before and they were all getting me to roast their marshmallows and telling each other, oh these are so sweet!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sounds a fantastic weekend Catriona, so glad you enjoyed it. My mouth is watering thinking of s'mores! Cx
ReplyDeletep.s. hope the jiggers are completely gone/healed
Glad you got to go to the waterfalls. I always feel that there is something special about waterfalls because they show how awesome our God and Savior really is. Our God is so big!
ReplyDeleteUncle Rod
It looks absolutely beautiful Catriona!! Thanks for posting pictures!! :)
ReplyDelete