Monday, March 25, 2013
A Ugandan Meal
This past week a team from Russia has been here at New Hope and they have been put with our family group (David Family) to participate in devotions together. As a gift they gave Uncle Mulu (David Family Father) money for a Ugandan meal. So on Thursday, after helping out at Hope Family (the baby house) Christina and I made our way over to David Family where there were a ton of people milling about and many people busy working. I went over to see Third John (not Uncle John, Jonny my cousin, or John my brother but Uncle Mulu's son John) and his brother Judah. After a while I helped chop onions and then I waited to eat. Finally the time came and I went with some of the other girls to get the 3 cartons of sodas from the guest house. When we get back the table is loaded with food and I took my place behind the chapattis. As I look up and down the table I see matoke, g-nut sauce, rice, irish potatoes, beef with soup, goat with soup, goat that has been cooked on a barbeque, cassava chips, chapattis, cabbage, watermelon, and last but not least soda. When my turn comes I get a little bit of everything and with my Miranda Fruity soda I sit down and enjoy eating. The matoke (smashed bananas) and g-nut sauce is filling. The rice and soup are good and I taste a bit of meat. Strategically, I eat away so that I am left with a bite of cabbage, goat, and my soda. When I finished I stuffed so I decided to go out and talk with some people from the team. It was an amazing meal and a fun time together as a very large group of people! Sorry there are no pictures...we didn't bring the camera
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment