Wednesday, October 30, 2013

The Strangest Thing I've Seen...

In Uganda, many things are transported on the backs of bicycles! Anything from people, to pineapple, to boxes can be carried on the back on a bike!

But the Strangest thing that I have seen on the back of a bike is.....


A Sheep!

A real live sheep!



Can anyone beat that???

Christina riding our friend Kasana after class at the primary school a few years ago


I rode this little girl, Mercy around the circle in 2011!

Off we go!
This is a typical Ugandan bike! It is a bit harder to ride because of the big bar joining the seat and the handle bars....but, amazingly people a lot smaller than I can ride it very gracefully!


2 comments:

  1. I saw something similar in Malawi last week Catriona, a goat strapped to a board and transported on the back of a bicycle. It was bleating its heart out, I think it knew its hours were numbered.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah this lamb was actually slaughtered by some of our friends later! Funny, animals seem to know when their hours are numbered-they seem to make a lot more noise :)~Catriona

      Delete