Let me come- When you use this phrase you are walking away from someone and telling them that you want to talk/greet them when you get back from wherever you are going! What you would say in Canada is "I'm coming back"
Well Done- Well Done means the same thing here as it does everywhere else but in Uganda it is used ALL THE TIME! If you are walking along and meet someone along the way you greet and say well done! Even if they aren't doing any thing-it is still well done!
Sorry- When I had my broken foot, I was frequently told "Sorry". What people are meaning is "sorry this happened to you" not "sorry I apologize". Of course if someone does something that hurts you they do use sorry as an apology! So when someone stubs their toe or cuts their finger "sorry" would be the correct thing to say!
Those are a few....maybe so more will come in the next few days!
| Here is a pic of an amazing double rainbow we had here a week or two ago! |
No comments:
Post a Comment