Wednesday, January 22, 2014

January....

Yesterday I realized that January is more than half way done and I haven't written a blog post in a very long time....

So, a few of the things we have been doing this past month....

  • We had the Frasers here over Christmas so that was filled with lots of fun!
  • We had visitors from AIM on Boxing Day (that was in the last month)
  • Our next door neighbour had a very cute baby on Dec. 30th and we watched their oldest son Noah while they were at the hospital
  • We were in 2013 as well as 2014!!
  • We watched the three 4-5 hour movies we got for Christmas! They were great!!!
  • The Institute of Childcare and Family (a training program that New Hope has) started across the road so there were a bunch of new people who arrived for that from other parts of Uganda, the USA, and Liberia!
  • We had some of the people in the Institute over for dinner
  • We have been doing school...
  • and mid-term/final exams...
  • Envisioning (a New Hope conference) started and is finishing today.
  • Christina and I helped out at Hope Family a lot of extra days because of Envisioning and a shortage of staff
  • We had more people over for dinner! This includes a variety of people from Uganda, Northern Ireland, USA and Musana Camps (New Hopes camp-yes I know it isn't a country but we don't see them very often!)
  • We had an Envisioning meal with the administrative staff and had Indian food (Chicken curry, dal, fruit, g-nuts, rice, naan, and soda
  • Christina and I made naan for 60+ people (with a lot of extra help rolling/heating water on a segiri/heating the milk/cooking the naan)
  • We also celebrated my dad's birthday by going into Kampala and eating lunch at an Indian Restaurant. The one that we wanted to go to was closed most days but
One of the little boys at the baby house!

Decorating cookies with Special Needs

Making Naan


1 comment:

  1. hello Catriona, and what a busy and full few weeks you've had! I don't understand how you could be in 2013 and in 2014, my brain is sore trying to work it out! That's some impressive naan-making you've been doing!

    ReplyDelete