Sunday, April 13, 2014

Long time, no blog

Hello all, when March rolled around I told myself that I was going to try to write 10 blog posts in the month but, as you can tell, I have only done one! To say March was busy is an understatement. First we had Christina and my birthdays, partys and what not, then we went on a trip to Kobwin, and when we came back we had visitors from Canada come, while keeping up with our regular busy schedules and trying to get ahead in school!



I am planning on writing some posts in more detail about what went on this past month but this blog will be about my friend, Julia. Julia has Down Syndrome, which makes her seem younger than she actually is but we love her just as much. Whenever you need to laugh or smile, Julia is the one to go to because she has so much joy in her. She is always ready to give you a big hug and tease you!

Today was Julia's birthday party and her birthday is tomorrow. For the past few weeks whenever she saw you she would tell you "___ more sleeps till my birthday!" or "My birthday is soon. I'll be 14!" She was planning her party for weeks and telling anyone and everyone that they could come to her party! So, today at 2 we went over to her house and we played Julia's favourite gym class games. We opened her presents and sang Happy Birthday to her. Julia was a very good hostess and read each persons card out loud and commented on how much she loved her presents!

After we ate cake and popcorn we went in a watched her birthday present Anne of Green Gables. As we started the movie, Julia's teacher from the USA told us, "So actually I have never watched this movie before!" Julia's mom, sister, and us Canadians turned around and we had to pause the movie to get over the shock of it all!! We were comforted by the fact that she had AT LEAST read the books...

We watched the first side of the disc and then went outside to play again and some people left to go home. It was a really fun birthday party and a fun time to celebrate Julia's life.

1 comment:

  1. Julia looks a fun friend. I'm embarrassed to say it but I've not seen the Anne of Green Gables movie either!! oh dear - but I have read all the books!

    ReplyDelete