Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Special Needs Class

Last week we went to devotions at our family group and after devotions Auntie K. the lady that is in charge of special needs invited me to go and help. So last week I went to the clinic to see what it was like. The class has three rooms attached to the clinic. I really loved going and I have gone twice and going again today. There are 8 students- only 2 of them can walk so there are a lot of wheelchairs everywhere. There are 2 boys that are going to go to the primary school next term. They go for a few classes so they can get used to it and can learn more things than what they are learning in the Special Needs class. There are 4 Ugandan helpers I think so they are always quite busy. One of the boys in a wheelchair can push himself so you can sometimes find him going down the hall! One of the girls in the class is 8 years old but she is as small as maybe a 2-3 year old! At first she wouldn't eat but now she is eating well. She doesn't like her porridge but when she has milk she is very happy. Music is everyones favourite class when you get out the drum and take turns beating it as hard as you can! The teachers are trying to get them to use both their hands so that they both are strong since some of them only use one hand for everything. It is super fun to go and help these kids (and adults-two of them are I believe)!

No comments:

Post a Comment