Monday, August 13, 2012

Heart of Worship

         Here at New Hope there is never a day that goes by without hearing people singing. Often with singing come drumming and a guitar or two. A few days after we arrived here many of my friends began asking me, "Oh, are you going to join Heart of Worship?" or "Are you going to join the choir (otherwise known as a worship team)?" Before I had even arrived here I had known about Heart of Worship and I knew some of my friends were in it and it was something I wanted to do. So I went to talk with the leader. Aunt Hannah is the leader of Heart of Worship, teaches music, and she is a David Family associate. After I had talked with her a few times I joined Heart of Worship. We meet on Sunday afternoon and play guitar and sing together.  On Tuesday we have a Bible Study which usually happens every week but with exams here I have only been around for two. Once a month Heart of Worship does a worship night where everyone gets together in the evening and sings songs. A few weeks ago there was one which was the first time I had been leading with Heart of Worship in front of people. I really really enjoyed it. Last week we also led in the church service. As we went to the front we really didn't know what was going on since we were having a guest speaker and we needed to leave him lots of time to talk. We just sang our songs and when Uncle Godfrey came up to the front we finished the song and went off to the side.

         This week on Friday Heart of Worship is heading up to Musana Camps which is on the shore of Lake Victoria. I'm very excited to go up there since it will be my first time and I have heard glowing reports from everyone who has been there. We are staying there until Monday morning and Heart of Worship is going home but I'm staying since the rest of my family is coming up and we are staying at the camp until the Saturday after they arrive.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds a great way to get involved with the wider community Catriona: hope you have a lovely time at Musana Camp. x

    ReplyDelete