Allen
Allen is a little girl that is in the Special Needs Class.
She is nine years old but she looks more like she is two or three. She has been
here for both years that the Special Needs Program has had a class and she has
improved so much since last year. Last year she would cry most of the time and
she wasn’t able to sit up and they had trouble feeding her. This year she is
sitting up by herself, she is learning how to feed herself, and is a much
happier little girl. Her legs last year were always curled up in a cross legged
position, even when she was lying down but now the teachers at the Special
Needs Class are working to have her sit with her legs straight out. These
little things are great improvements for Allen. She is a much happier girl now,
and it lightens up your day when she smiles or laughs.
I have been helping in the Special Needs Class and sometime I would do physio with Allen. I haven't learned how to help her do all of her excercices but I hope to learn more during the next school year. One of the easy ones is helping her get her legs straighter. I just had to hold her legs so they were straight and then we would play with toys for five minutes. Another one of her excercies is doing sit-ups. You lay her on her back and hold her hands and very gently give her support. The first time I under-estimated her ability and pulled helped her do it but the next time she did it almost all by herself! She pulls herself up centimeter by centimeter.
Sorry about the long times between posts! I have been preparing for my school mid-terms!
No comments:
Post a Comment