Monday, September 23, 2013
My Own Worst Enemy!
On Thursday I was in a rush. I wanted to practice my piano for my lesson the next day and I hadn't got a chance yet because the power was off. So at 8am, I went to our "neighbours" that live a 2 minute bike ride from our house. They have a piano and their house is run on all solar and a generator so they would have power! I practiced for half and hour and then came back, wanting to be at home so we would be home to say bye to our friend from Germany who was going home. I came back home and was packing up my stuff for the morning so after I said good-bye I could go to the office and have some power. I loaded up my backpack with a computer, power cord, as well as a bunch of textbooks for school and my binder. I was headed out the door to check our breaker to see if the switch was flipped the right way, on the off chance that power would be on and I wouldn't need to go to the office. There is a step from our house onto the porch. I stepped down, with my backpack on and tripped on my shoe, rolled my ankle, and (because of the heavy backpack) fell on it-hard! It was excruciatingly painful and when we called our neighbour who is a nurse she diagnosed it as either very badly sprained or maybe broken. My foot was on a really weird angle and that was causing some concern, so Mom, Dad, and I headed to Kampala to go to the doctor for an x-ray. When we got there, waited, got seen by the doctor, waited, got the x-ray, waited, and then talked to the doctor again about the x-ray they determined that my foot isn't broken, it is just badly sprained and it will take about 2 weeks to heal. In those 2 weeks I get to do a lot of school and get very tired of being inside! In conclusion-I am my own worst enemy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
oh that sounds very sore Catriona! hope the next two weeks don't seem too long.
ReplyDelete