Sixteen days ago, I hurt my ankle badly and a nurse at New Hope told us that we should get an x-ray of it to make sure it wasn't broken. We did, and if you read the last blog post, you will see that it was diagnosed as a bad sprain and that I should stay off of it and it would be better in 2 weeks. Well, 16 days later, it was not really any better, so we went back to the same doctor's office but we saw a different doctor. He looked at the x-ray from three weeks ago and found a fracture on the fifth metatarsal bone. The fifth metatarsal bone is the bone that joins the ankle to the pinky toe. When you fracture one your metatarsal bone you don't need to cast it, instead you walk on it and that will speed up the healing process! So, even though it is very painful that is what I'm trying to do! You can pray that it will get better quickly!
No comments:
Post a Comment