After I stopped at Hope Family and delivered the message, I headed up to Special Needs to help out for the morning. We were working on life skills for the first half of the morning so I was helping Allen wash clothes. After she successfully washed some clothes and soaked herself I changed her and we went to the water tower to fetch water. Unfortunately the faucets were all locked up. So we decided we would go down the hill to another tap. Down the hill we went but, when we got there that tap was also locked! So we ended up filling our jerry cans up at the tap behind our house (it is right across from the second tap). Then one of the kids began to have a seizure and we had to time it so I ran inside to get a watch. Carol's seizure ended quickly and we began our trek up the hill.
One special thing that happened was that I got to see two of the kids that used to be at the baby house but are now at the primary school! They were in the baby house in 2011 when we were here for the summer and are living with some of their relatives and are close enough to go to the primary school!
| Dan |
| Josiah-2 of the boys that were in the baby house in 2011! |
I spent the rest of the morning at Special Needs doing arts and crafts and we had a short Luganda lesson!
When I got back we had lunch and then I did some school. After lunch, mom went over to secondary to see some people. After a while, I went down to borrow a book from Aunt Constance and tried to call my friend which I hadn't seen in a while (I hadn't seen her since Sunday...a really long time for us!) but there wasn't very good cellphone service so I stood outside in front yard and tried to call but then got cut off. When I gave up getting cell phone service I went to the soccer field behind our house and watched some people (including Christina and John) play kickball! At 5:30 I went back inside and made Spanish Rice for dinner! The rest of the day was normal and I can't really remembered what we did anymore!
I enjoyed this Catriona, it gives me a sense of your varied and interesting days!
ReplyDelete