Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Kasana

One of my dearest friends is Kasana Anderson-she is a missionary friend from the States and today she turned fourteen. She has been on furlough since last year and we have been missing her a lot. Last month, she read my blog and was very disappointed that she was only mentioned a few times by name! Well, just to let everyone who reads my blog know- KASANA IS ONE OF MY BEST FRIENDS AND WE SEE EACH OTHER ALMOST EVERYDAY WHEN WE LIVE ON THE SAME SIDE OF THE WORLD!!!

So, I'm going to write a blog post about Kasana-so that you all know what a good friend she is and so that she can't complain anymore about my blog ; )

We met in 2010-so we have only know each other for four years-although it feels like a lot longer!

 
Kasana is a girl you will never forget- she has a very bubbly and friendly personality that you just can't help but like. She is a leader and when her mind is made up there is no changing it! (well except if you put A LOT of effort into it ;) ) She is caring and loves little kids-she has a gift for that. Julia (our friend with Down Syndrome) often talks about her "best friend Kasana" and all the fun they had together. I don't know of any kid who doesn't love Kasana because she is willing to get her hands dirty to play with them and joins in their friends.
 
Another thing about Kasana is that she has an amazing imagination-not altogether realistic at time- but when is an imagination? Of course, someone always has to die and someone must be an invalid or fall gravely ill, but that is okay. We played many imaginative games where all sorts of things take place.
 
You never get tired of being around Kasana-she always has something to talk about that is new or interesting!

 
Kasana is an amazing speaker-this year she went to the USA National Speech Tournament with her brother Brevin. She competed in the Storytelling and Duo categories and did really well in both of them! Brevin and Kasana placed 15th in the USA for a Duo speech and it was amazing...and I was very proud that I can say that I'm a good friend with her.
 
Kasana is on Heart of Worship-my worship team! I loved to see her sing and we would have lots of fun trying to figure out the Luganda songs and end up just making up some of the words sometimes.

Kasana is always a good friend-she makes sure that you are okay and she always encourages you. We love to tease each other and of course we sometimes get annoyed at each other, like all friends do, but even through the teasing we are still good friends.

Kasana came and visited us at the beginning of last month. We spent a lot of time hanging out-there is not enough time to go through each thing we did but the time that we spent with her was very very special and I'm so thankful that she was able to come. She is a person that you miss when she is not around and often when we are together with some of our other friends we often say "If only Kasana was here" or "If Kasana was here it would just be that much better."

Kasana is always willing to try and bake something new or experiment with this or that. She is a willing helper and will always lend a hand! She has taught Christina and  I many things like how to knit.
Now, Kasana is also an American and we love her for it because if she wasn't an American we would have to argue about more serious matters-rather than which country is better-USA or Canada (but of course Canada is the obvious answer...she just hasn't seen the light yet...don't worry-before we leave she'll know ;) ) We have been known to have many lively debates over the matter!
 
 
Kasana, you are one special lady and on your fourteenth birthday I just want to tell you that you are very special to me. You are a person that I can be myself around and you understand me. I'm so thankful that God brought you into my life and that even though we may be on a different continent we have a friendship that doesn't end because of oceans but I know that whenever you are around I have a friend that I can laugh, tease, and talk with. You are a blessing to me and I love you!



1 comment:

  1. What a lovely birthday tribute to your friend! Happy 14th birthday Kasana!

    ReplyDelete