Friday, January 16, 2015

Year in Review

Yes, yes I know it is January 16...yes I know that 2014 is over....and yes I know that most people who have a blog have already finished with 2014ish posts and are in 2015. Well, I'm on African Time. So,without further ado....2014 in Review....

We welcomed in the New Year (2014- which is now technically the old year) with the Frasers!

Later in January, Christina and I headed up making Naan for 60...a lot of work! But we still found time for a picture with Aunt Chrissy-one of my good, good, good friends...even if she is on the other side of the world!

I have no idea when this was taken...but this is a picture of me consuming a delicious delicacy...white ants!
mmm....

The year wouldn't be complete without a Maize Harvest

This was in February maybe...we went to Jinja for a birthday party! Fun times with Wilson going down the slide!

I celebrated my Sweet 16 with Jesca and Peace along with many other girls who aren't pictured!! and I don't have a picture of the birthday kidnapping and surprise sleepover....but that too was a highlight!

March also brought my first trip to Kobwin-I think it was Baby Sarah's first time too!

While in Kobwin we visited Sipi Falls

And then came back for the Special Needs Building Opening Party

Over the next months I spent time talking with Hassan

We did a little cooking too...

And smiled and laughed with Ivan...

In April (i think) we took a Trip to the Equator with the Fullers and Kroons!!

2014 also involved me taking more photos...

...of some very special babies!!

Of course in July we made sure to celebrate Canada Day so that all of our dear American friends wouldn't miss it!

2014 meant having good times with Julia

Doing Photography with Kara

Having our Ugandan Thanksgiving (one of 6-7 Thanksgiving Services/meals we attended ;) we were very thankful!)

In June I had a Piano Recital

Kara and I

Kara, Christina, Aunt Hannah, and Catriona

2014 was difficult because it involved saying goodbye to some dear friends-these two boys  as well as their baby sister and their mom and dad! We also said goodbye to quite a few others....such as A. Chrissy, A. Hannah(who went on furlough), the Williams, Baumens and others!

But we also met some new friends!

And laughed together with friends that decided to stick around! Except for Godfrey (back row next to me) who moved away...In case you haven't noticed New Hope is full of comings and goings!

That basically summarizes the first half of 2014 in pictures. The second part is coming which will include a trip across the ocean and back, my first "job" and Christmas....so stay tuned : )

1 comment:

  1. what a full year! thanks for these photos Catriona.

    ReplyDelete