As you may have heard from reading Christina's blog, we have gone on a trip recently to Kobwin, Musana and Jinja. Christina is telling the tale, so I won't bore you by re-telling what Christina already told you! I'll put some pictures up tomorrow!
When the rest of my family went to Mbale (a city a few hours from Kobwin) for the weekend, I stayed behind to fulfill my other commitments. I spent the morning making bread, mopping our house, and delivering the last final things before our week-long trip. Then I hauled my stuff (and the stuff my family forgot) plus some bread we were delivering over to the Andersons where I was going to spend the night!
Kasana and I began fervently working on Christina's birthday gifts on Friday as it was one of the first times we could work on it without her there! We brainstormed 15 gifts to give her, every hour on the hour, on her birthday and we began making them. Some we had already made or had with us and many of them were just funny little things that reminded us of the jokes and laughs we have had!
We had lunch and I went off and saw my friend Wesley. Grace also came by and we looked at pictures of little Christina for her slideshow! Wesley was pretty busy as she was getting ready to take team photos for New Hope's football (soccer) team. We all went our separate ways.
The next couple hours were spent working on our new blog with Kara, choosing out necklaces to wear for worship night, and printing off Christina's gifts at someone else's house as there was no power at Kasana's!
Saturday evening was spent at the church doing lots of practice and singing and then, of course, the actual worship night! Kara, our friend Peace, and I all sang a new song and I play piano for some of the other songs!
Sunday morning we were up early because we were also singing at the church and had to be there early for sound-check! Kasana and I both were quite tired as we were home late from worship night and then up early to get ready!
Church went well and we did the final packing and headed on the way to Kobwin! We left at 1pm....and we got there at 11pm!! It was a long trip with lots of bumps up and down, chicken-on-a-stick, soda, a movie, and some good chats with Kasana and her younger brothers about books, sodas, and all that other fun stuff. Oh, and we also played guitar and sang our way along!
When we arrived at Kobwin, everyone was asleep and we were so tired, dusty and hot that we just collapsed into bed and at 6:45 the next day we were up and going for our first day in Kobwin!
sounds a very busy weekend Catriona!
ReplyDelete