Maybe because it reminds me of Carol.
Maybe because God planned for us to read this Psalm when it was most fitting.
Maybe because it sounds like a prayer to our God saying that no matter what, I still love you God and I will still praise You.
Maybe because there is so much hope sprinkled in the midst of death and pain.
Maybe because it reminds me that we can still praise God even in the darkest circumstances.
Maybe because it talks about how good, righteous, gracious, and merciful God is, even when everything seems out of control.
Maybe because it is so comforting to know that God has delivered us, saved us, and remains God no matter what happens.
But whatever it is, I hope that you are blessed by it as I have been this week.
---
Psalm 116-ESV
I love the LORD, because he has heard my voice and my pleas for mercy.
Because he inclined his ear to me,
therefore I will call on him as long as I live.
The snares of death encompassed me;
the pangs of Sheol laid hold against me;
I suffered in distress and anguish.
Then, I called on the name of the LORD:
"Oh LORD, I pray, deliver my soul."
Gracious is he LORD, and righteous; our God is merciful.
The LORD preserves the simple; when I was brought low, he saved me.
Return, oh my soul, to your rest; for the LORD has dwelt bountifully with you.
For you delivered my soul from death,
my eyes from tears,
my feet from stumbling;
I will walk before the LORD in the land of the living.
I believed, even when I spoke, "I am greatly afflicted";
I said in my alarm, "All mankind are liars."
What shall I render to the LORD for all his benefits to me?
I will lift up the cup of salvation and call on the name of the LORD, I will pay my vows to the LORD in the presence of all his people.
Precious in the sight of the LORD is the death of his saints. O LORD, I am your servant; I am your servant, the son of your maidservant. You have loosed my bonds.
I will offer to you the sacrifice of thanksgiving and call on the name of the LORD.
I will pay my vows to the LORD in the presence of all his people, in the courts of the house of the LORD, in your midst, O Jerusalem.
Praise the LORD!
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment