I don't really have many words...cause sometimes over the past few days I have been able to describe how I'm feeling with a simple, three-letter word: sad. Not distressed or shocked or distraught or in "the depths of despair"...no, just sad. Sad that I won't see Carol again. Sad for everyone mourning and grieving her death. Sad to see people who are some of the strongest people I know so hurt and so upset.
So, instead of writing something about Carol, I'm letting myself write about something else. You see, Carol is still impacting my life and the lives of others. She hasn't slipped my mind and everything isn't back to normal again. No, actually quite far from it. But I don't have words to share about the blessing that Carol was in my life and how I'm so glad God let me know Carol. I want to do her justice and to bring God glory through her life, but right now I can't find those words. So, bear with me as I start to piece together something so that you can know Carol just a little bit.
So, before Carol died, I had all these wonderful ideas for blog posts and stuff. Actually the Friday and Saturday before Carol died were filled to the brim with awesome and wonderful moments. So I'm going to write about those. Looking back, I see how God gave me these two days to encourage me and to build me up, before I heard that Carol died. God had it all planned out perfectly, even if this week wasn't what I wanted it to be. But, now I'm writing about Carol! Back on topic, Catriona!
On Friday, I honestly can't remember what I did, but I must have done school until the regular time. Then Christina and I headed to Kasana's, where we decided we needed to borrow a movie to watch for our sleepover. So, we went to a couple people's houses and picked out some movies like Saving Mr. Banks, The Secret Life of Walter Mitty, and Cool Runnings. After that, Christina and I went back home and then went to David Family for devotions. Our devotions was on the Parable of the Lost Coin. After devotions, we ate dinner and I brought Brian back to Hassan's House, so this must have been the last time I saw Carol and said good night to her. But I hurried back from Hassan's so that I could spend time with Annet, one of my friends who is in IY meaning that she was gone since February and is going to Kampala again in a couple weeks. We talked about books and about her IY placement and just spent time together. I'm thankful to God for the time that we get to spend together, cause it has been a while. We get on really well, partially because we love spending time and helping out with Special Needs kids, little kids, being on a worship team, and laughing together! Annet and I understand each other and I'm so thankful that she was here for a while and that she was here when Carol died and that we could stand together at the burial.
When it started to thunder and lightning so crazily that the whole sky lit up, Christina and I got our bikes and biked over to the secondary side where we were going to have a sleepover! Our sleepover was lots of fun cause Christina, Kara, Kasana and I had our "last" sleepover together...at least for a little while! We talked and laughed and stayed up too late, but it was refreshing and lots of...well, fun!
On Saturday, we attended a surprise birthday party for our very special friend, Julia, who turned 15 on Monday! She enjoyed the surprise very much although at the time she was shocked and we had a really fun time! We ate lunch together and then played some games! I am so thankful that Julia had her party on Saturday because her birthday was on Monday, the same day that Carol's burial was. I'm thankful that she could celebrate her birthday with joy. I'm also thankful for Julia as a friend because she has taught me so much. She always thinks the best of others and she is always ready to give them a hug and pray for them. She loves others no matter what.
On Saturday afternoon, we also very happily welcomed back some friends of ours who have been in the USA for a few months! It was so good to see the Hoovers again and we enjoyed catching up with Hadassah, Hosanna, and Sariah...even in their jet-lagged states! I'm so thankful to have them back and to hang out together again!
I'm so thankful for Friday and Saturday which gave me the opportunity to spend time with my friends and to laugh and be encouraged. As I look back on it, God knew what He was doing in this past week, and I'm so thankful.
Tomorrow I'll post something I had written about Saturday evening about our concert with some of the teenagers here...but for now I'm thankful to God for all that He has done in my life and how He has everything planned out and under His control.
Please continue to pray for the staff and children at Special Needs!
No comments:
Post a Comment