One of the things I have been doing a little bit is sorting beans. When you buy the beans from the market they aren't all good and there are a bunch of twigs and bugs mixed in with them so I get the job of sorting the beans. There are lots of different kinds of beans here like black beans (which are becoming a lot more popular) , red beans (I believe most popular) , and these green or yellow beans. We like the greeny yellow beans so that is what we have been buying from the market. They come in grocery sized bags and are quite full and it takes a really long time to start because you have to sort and look through each one! What I do is dump some of them into a big cookie sheet and then take a bunch in my hand and pick out the rotten, wrinkled, and holey ones and them put the good ones into a bucket. A few days ago I got through a good portion of the bag and then when the tub was full I stopped because you only need about a 1/2 of a little tub.
Thanks for the news Catriona. Sounds like you are having an exciting time. Glad to hear that you are doing a little work too. Sorting beans is not exciting I am sure but necessary.
ReplyDeleteWe met Auntie C when we were visiting Louise and Gary one summer. She is a very nice lady.
Uncle Rod